Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sabra's Cakes







I have had the opportunity to make some really fun cakes in the last couple of months.  The sunflower cake in the top left was a cake I took to Relief Society for a pot luck dinner.  Hardly any of it was eaten because they thought it was there for decoration.  Unfortunately, I had to take it home and we got to eat it ourselves. 

The puzzle cake I made for a family in our ward who's son had just passed away.  He was 7 and had health issues but his death came as a surprise.  I asked our RS president if there was anyone in the ward I could make a cake for and she suggested this family. 

I made a Curious George cupcake cake for my friend Ellen's daughter's birthday.  She loves Curious George and so I tried to put one together for her.  It didnt come together as well as I had hoped but everyone loved it and the cupcakes were delish.

Our ward had a picnic at the park and had a dessert contest.  I made this swimming pool cake to try and win.  I didnt win but they had several other games and I tied for first place in the bubblegum blowing contest.

I really enjoyed making these cakes and hope to be able to make lots more in the future.

No comments: