Saturday, January 2, 2010

Decorating for Christmas



This year I went to a gazillion garage sales and found about 80% of our Christmas items including our Christmas tree pictured above.  I got it for $5 which included 1 large bag of lights (only one strand of them worked) and some bags with ornaments and more strands of tinsel.  I was happy with how our tree turned out.  I look forward to not paying $40 - $50 for a Christmas tree next year or the next or the next.  I did miss the smell of fresh cut evergreen but I am told you can buy it in a can which I think we will do next year.  We found out this year that McKenzie is alergic to a ton of stuff including trees and that artificial is the way we will need to go in the future.




My parents gave this to us this year and I LOVE it!!!  I need to find a better place for it though cause Alex kept playing handball against the front door and his ball would bounce behind him and knock into the snowmen.  No permanent damage but that might not last long.  We'll figure out something better for next year.



I saw a pattern to make this wreath in a little booklet you find when you are in line at the grocery store.  It had a whole bunch of ideas for Christmas crafts and fun goodies.  I think I made 9 of these to give away this year.  It was hard work but I had fun doing it.

No comments: